Position: Platform Architect (Engineering Lead)
Exp Level: 8+ Years
SmartVizX is India’s leading Virtual Reality (“VR”) startup company that is developing an exciting immersive technology platform, Trezi (https://www.trezi.com), for the architecture, engineering & construction industry. We are looking to hire a Platform Architect who will also serve as the Engineering Lead, to lead our product development team of VR, web, cloud and database developers based in Bangalore. As the platform architect of Trezi in the early stages of our product to platform journey, you will have a unique opportunity to shape how Trezi evolves as an immersive design collaboration platform.
- Architect and build our next generation immersive technology platform for the Architecture, Engineering, Construction (AEC) and building industry
- Lead the product-to-platform journey of our VR product Trezi to a microservice based, distributed 3D immersive collaboration platform on the Azure cloud
- Lead the development of multi-user collaboration traits for all Trezi features and functions
- Design a highly scalable and secure cloud-based 3D product catalog management system
- Design and develop Trezi APIs/SDKs to enable 3rd parties to build their own applications and data sets that connect through Trezi
- Follow agile methodology to develop and deliver novel product/platform features
- 8+ years of experience of hands-on software product development with at least 3 years of experience in architecting and developing scalable distributed systems or platforms
- 4+ years of working in the area of 3D graphics & immersive technologies such as AR/VR/MR.
- Experience leading a team for platform development with external (3rd party) integrations, playing a hands-on role in the design of the platform
- Experience designing solutions using advanced patterns such as microservices, service-oriented architecture, web services (REST), API management, messaging systems, event-driven architectures
- Hands-on experience in one or more cloud services like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is desirable.
- Strong C/C++ experience
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Good technical and working knowledge of the AWS/Azure cloud architecture and offerings (IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS) and ecosystem including tools, SDKs, IDE Toolkits, and Command Line Tools
- Strong knowledge of 3D graphics fundamentals, with good understanding of PBR rendering, ray-tracing.
- Good knowledge of computational geometry and math
- Good understanding of structured and unstructured databases/DBMS – e.g. SQL (MySQL, SQL Server), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, CosmosDB)
- Strong Data structures and algorithms knowledge
- B.Tech./M. Tech. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline (or equivalent)
Why Work At SmartVizX:
- Get a chance to work at the hottest Virtual Reality Startup of India.
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment with plenty of growth opportunities
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that will change the way the architecture & building industry work
- Get a great exposure to the latest innovations in Virtual Reality and other immersive technologies and how these technologies are working in distributed environments
About The Company:
SmartVizX (https://www.trezi.com) aims to transform traditional passive and static design methodologies by developing a Virtual Reality product, Trezi, that enables design visualization, interaction, communication and collaboration in an intuitive and immersive environment.
Trezi will transforms workplace design by enabling data visualization & aggregation, and collaboration through the use of immersive Virtual Reality. It will bridge the gap that exists today between what customers/owners and operators of office spaces believe they are paying for and what they actually get, through improved collaboration, thereby minimizing waste and improving turnaround times.
The application of our solution will have an initial focus on the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) and Building industry, where we are already seeing significant interest and traction from architects, designers, building product manufacturers & owners.
SmartVizX has been named the ‘Virtual Reality Provider of the Year‘ for two years in a row (2017, 2018) by Frost & Sullivan India for their India ICT Awards. The company has also featured in the Top 3 “Startup of the Future” by NDTV Unicorn Awards (2016) and was the winner of the 2016 Red Herring Asia Top 100 and the NASSCOM Emerge 50 League of 10 (2018). The company is also part of the Microsoft ScaleUp accelerator program (batch of March 2018).
If you think you have what it takes, send us an email telling us why along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org