Position: Engineering Manager
Team: Engineering/Product Development
Reports To: Product Head
SmartVizX is India’s leading Virtual Reality (“VR”) startup company that is developing an exciting VR platform, Trezi (https://trezi.com), for the architecture, engineering & construction industry. We are looking to hire a an Engineering Manager to lead our team of VR, web, cloud and database developers based in Bangalore who are working on building Trezi.
- Lead the software development of our next generation Virtual Reality/immersive technology based design collaboration product and its evolution to a platform for the architecture, engineering & construction industry
- Lead and manage the team of 10-12 developers
- Analyze technology, market and customer demand, and plan and assess the feasibility of product capabilities and features
- Create and own reliable and practical development plans and communicate those to all stakeholders for every stage of the Agile software development process
- Manage the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology. Play the role of scrum master by organizing and facilitating daily scrum/stand-up meetings, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Prioritize the workload of the engineering team to deliver product versions in a timely & efficient manner
- Work closely with Product Owner to keep the product backlog in good shape and ready for subsequent sprints
- Ensure that product and department milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved budgets
- Manage direct, and evaluate the work & performance of the software engineering product team and every developer in the team
- Recruit employees; assign and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
Qualifications & Skills:
- A solid foundation in software development technologies, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design – B. Tech/M. Tech in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communicator who enjoys collaborating with other teams
- Creative, motivated, focused, results-oriented
- Ability to explore and understand different software frameworks and guiding the team to adopt to new technologies
- Proven experience in building and managing the entire web infrastructure
- Software architecture design experience with good object oriented design and programming experience
- Experience in running sprints and playing the role of a scrum master.
- Experience with web technologies & cloud applications will be an added advantage
- Experience in one of the following areas is good to have but not desirable:
- Game development using Unity 3D/Unreal Engine/other game engine
- 3D Graphics development (e.g. OpenGL/DirectX)
- Virtual Reality application development
- Architectural design and visualization using CAD, 3D modeling and BIM tools like Revit, Sketchup, 3ds Max, Maya, AutoCad
Why Work At SmartVizX
- Get a chance to work at the hottest immersive technology startup of India
- Join our team early to significantly impact not only the way the platform is architected and built, but also the future success of the company
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on a cool and unique solution that will change the way the Architectural/Design/Building Industry works
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment with plenty of growth opportunities
About The Company:
SmartVizX (https://trezi.com) aims to transform traditional passive and static design methodologies by developing a Virtual Reality product, Trezi that enables design visualization, interaction, communication and collaboration in an intuitive and immersive environment. Trezi will transform workplace design by enabling data visualization & aggregation, and collaboration through the use of immersive Virtual Reality. It will bridge the gap that exists today between what customers/owners and operators of office spaces believe they are paying for and what they actually get, through improved collaboration, thereby minimizing waste and improving turnaround times.
SmartVizX has been named the ‘Virtual Reality Provider of the Year’ for two years in a row (2017, 2018) by Frost & Sullivan India for their India ICT Awards. The company has also featured in the Top 3 “Startup of the Future” by NDTV Unicorn Awards (2016) and was a winner of the 2016 Red Herring Asia Top 100 and the NASSCOM Emerge50 League of 10 (2018). The company is also part of the Microsoft ScaleUp accelerator program (batch of March 2018). Recently, we have won the NASSCOM Design4India Design Award 2019 in the ‘Immersive Category.’
The application of our solution will have an initial focus on the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) and Building industry, where we are already seeing significant interest and traction from architects, designers, building product manufacturers & owners.
If you think you have what it takes, send us an email telling us why along with your resume to email@example.com